It has been two months since we launched our exclusive professional services division, Accelerate Professional Talent Solutions, and we are excited to continue increasing our effectiveness and the overall experience for our professional candidates and clients!
Accelerate was developed to laser-focus on IT, accounting, finance, human resources, supply chain, engineering, and manufacturing operations, while bringing the same customer-service-oriented, people-first approach that we’ve always lived by to the companies and job seekers we service today.
To learn more about Accelerate Professional Talent Solutions, visit www.acceleratepros.com.
Word on the Street
6 Ways to Wow Your Recruiter
How can you make sure that you stand out to your recruiter when they are likely inundated with hundreds of nearly identical resumes over the course of the year? Here are 6 tips to make sure you wow your recruiter.
- Prepare for your interview – just as you tailor your cover letter and resume to the position you’re applying for, it is equally important to tailor your interview performance. Make sure you do your research on the company and show your recruiter that you’re serious about a new career.
- Make a personal connection – you are more than just a resume. Bringing a bit of personality to an interview can really set you apart from other candidates. Be sure to show enthusiasm during your interview, prepare the information your recruiter is looking for, and be open about your successes and goals. Make sure you’re also focused on having a real conversation instead of using your resume as a script.
- Be positive – a positive attitude can go a long way in making a good impression with your recruiter. Even if you have all the qualifications in the world, a poor attitude is likely not going to get you far in the interview process. Be sure to show your enthusiasm and passion for the company and position you’re applying to.
- Be responsive – just as you’d expect a response from a recruiter when they promise it, they expect the same from you. Being prompt in your communication and follow-through will ensure you stay at the top of your recruiter’s inbox and top of their mind.
- Ask questions – show your recruiter that you’re not just looking for any job, but that you’re interested in the job they’re hiring for by preparing and asking relevant questions. Do your research on the company and the position you’re applying to. This will not only show your recruiter that you’re truly interested, but also give you a better sense whether the position is the best fit for you.
- Focus on accomplishments – be sure to focus on accomplishments and how they can relate to the position you’re applying to instead of simply listing your skills on your resume. When a recruiter is looking at hundreds of resumes, one that outlines measurable accomplishments because of your skills will ensure you stand out amongst the other candidates. This will also give your recruiter a better sense of your capabilities.
Below is a sample of some of the positions that QPS/Accelerate are currently recruiting for:
- Quality Manager
- Project Engineer
- Industrial Engineer
- Sr. Controls Engineer
- Service Manager
- Network Engineer
- .Net Developer
- HR Generalist
- Production Manager
- Production Supervisor
If you have the name of someone who you think could benefit from a conversation with one of our recruiters, please let us know! Your referral could earn you $500 if we successfully place them at one of our client companies! Please pass along their name and contact info and we will reach out.