2023 ANNUAL MEETING
Each year, QPS and Accelerate get together for an all-employee annual meeting where we celebrate wins and successes from the past year, discuss the plans for the future, and participate in continuous learning and development.
Last month, our team joined together for this collaborative meeting at the Potawatomi Hotel & Casino in Milwaukee, WI. After a few days of learning sessions, seminars, and celebrations, we returned to work feeling refreshed, invigorated, and armed with even more tools to help our greatest asset—our candidates!
We look forward to working with you on your career search in 2023!
WORD ON THE STREET
Advice for Job Seekers When Experiencing Burnout
We get it—the job search can be exhausting. Sending dozens of resumes, multiple rounds of interviews, skills tests, and more. All to find out that they decided to go in another direction.
It’s important to take care of yourself and try not to get discouraged. Here are some tips for when you’re experiencing job search burnout:
- Take a break: It’s important to take a step back and give yourself a break from time to time. This can mean taking a few days off, or even a week or two, to recharge and refocus. You’ll be refreshed and ready to tackle the job search when you get back to it.
- Reflect on your job search: Take some time to reflect on your job search and consider what changes you can make to improve your chances of finding a job. Is there a different industry you could explore? Is there someone in your network that you can reach out to? What skills do you have that could translate to another type of position?
- Set realistic goals: Set realistic and achievable goals for your job search. This will help you stay focused and motivated. Don’t plan on sending out 30 resumes each day, when you may realistically only be able to send out two or three.
- Prioritize self-care: Make sure you are taking care of yourself both physically and mentally. This can include things like exercise, healthy eating, and getting enough sleep.
- Seek support: Reach out to a recruiter to assist you in your job search. Recruiters are a great resource and can connect you with many companies across many industries. They have access to hiring managers and can get your information in front of the right people.
- Keep things in perspective: It’s important to keep things in perspective and remember that finding a job can take time. Don’t get discouraged when it’s not happening as quickly as you’d like.
- Volunteer: Consider volunteering or taking on a pro-bono project. This can help you build skills, network, give you a sense of purpose and accomplishment, and may even open new career doors.
- Consider your options: Take a step back and consider what you really want out of a job and what options are available to you. Should you double down, or switch tactics in your career search?
- Learn new skills: Use this time to learn new skills or improve existing ones to make you a more competitive candidate.
- Be kind to yourself: Be kind to yourself and remember that it’s normal to feel frustrated and discouraged during a job search. Keep your chin up and don’t give up hope.
Reach out today and one of our recruiters can help you move forward in your career search.
CURRENT TECH OPENINGS
Have you or someone you know been affected by the recent tech layoffs? We have a variety of tech related roles that we’re currently looking to fill:
- Software Engineer
- IT Administrator
- SAP PP/MM Configuration Lead
- Sr. IT Business Analyst
- Senior Developer
- Director of IT
- IT Solutions Manager
View our open positions and apply online here!
The staff at QPS and Accelerate follow a set of six beliefs (Family Spirit, High Touch, Passion, Legacy, Innovation, and Collaboration) to create positive experiences for our customers, candidates, and employees. One way we live out these beliefs is to give back to our communities and those in need.
We recently had the pleasure of donating winter hats to the Sheboygan County Warming Center. They are a group of interdenominational churches, organizations, and community members who work together to provide overnight shelter for homeless adults during the winter months. If you’d like to learn more about the Sheboygan County Warming Center, visit their website here.